Monday, May 23, 2011

Dream Within a Dream

"Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere." -Cobb (Inception)

What is INCEPTION? Inception is planting an idea in someone's mind during its weakest state.


Inception is the best sci-fi action movie that I've seen so far. Christopher Nolan has written an exceptionally original story that definitely caught the attention of the world. Plus, they've picked the best actors and actresses that's why it really deserved all the awards it got.

Ellen Page, who's a naturally good actress and one of the prettiest faces of Hollywood that I've seen. She's really worthy of the privilege she's received for working with award-winning actors in the industry. I can never imagine other actress who can play Ariadne except for her.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt who stayed as charming as ever since 500 Days of Summer. He's the funniest guy in the movie, I swear! hehe

And of course, Leonardo DiCaprio. Oh Leo... when will I get over you? So handsome even when he's on action and has the sexiest voice a man can have. Rrrrr!

Often times, I fall asleep whenever I'm watching action movies. They're definitely not my thing. But as for Inception, I stayed awake and even excited while watching it. I love how it's story is unique from all other action movies I've seen. I was even expecting that there will be some sort of betrayal in the movie but I'm so glad there aren't any. It's perfectly paced and smooth.

Every layer of the dream was awesome. It was even the first time that I've seen an action movie took place on a snowy mountain (remember the third layer?). But the second layer of the dream was the awesomest! I can even remember Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) saying, "how do you drop when there's no gravity?" He's reminded of Ariadne's (Ellen Page) question. The fighting scene is priceless!

While this one is the funniest part ever! hehe. I think if the movie moved further, they might end up with each other. It seems like Arthur likes Ariadne :D :D :D
Ariadne: Why are they all looking at us? Arthur: It's because they're looking for the dreamer: me. Quick, give me a kiss. [they kissed] Ariadne: They're still looking at us.  Arthur: Yeah. It's worth the shot.
I'm hoping-no, I'm expecting-an Inception Part 2 but I guess, it'll take a long time since it's an original story and it's pretty much hard to create a story. Anyway, instead of getting frustrated in the end, I actually felt refreshed. If people are observant enough, they'll understand that the ending's got a positive result, the totem toppled quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment