Friday, May 20, 2011

Do You Believe That Today Is The End of The World?

According to the article I've read entitled "Here's why the world is going to end on May 21,2011" (source: Business Insider) there are two proofs that today is the end of the world.

Source: Flickr
Proof no. 1: Genesis 7:4 "Seven days from now I will send rain on Earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of Earth every living creature I've made." The article said God refers that one day is equal to one thousand years. So, seven days is equal to seven thousand years. The flood happened in 4990 B.C. Seven thousand years later is 2011.

Reaction: Does history REALLY repeats itself? I have deep faith in God. And I think when He said this, He was referring to Noah's generation.

Proof no. 2: This proof, I can't quite understand, really. "There are 722,500 days between these dates (the significance of numbers between the Crucifixion and May 21, 2011). 722,500 is a significant number because it is composed of significant numbers 5x10x17x5x10x17. Five signifies redemption; Ten signifies completion and 17 signifies heaven. The number signifies the day of redemption (5) and the end of Christian era (10) and the ascent to heaven (17).

Reaction: There's a loophole here, "the end of Christian era". Does this mean that those who're born under the Christian belief are the only ones who will suffer the end of the world? What about the Buddhist, Islams and other religions?

Kaeremon told me that there are some people who are spreading text messages that 13 days after Pacquiao's boxing fight, something bad happens. Pacquiao's fight happened last May 8. So 8+13 is 21.

All I can say is, how do people know the exact dates and numbers? Like, it's a sure thing. As far as I'm concerned, we never know when anything will happen. For me, there's an exact time for everything but God only knows when. And isn't it too much to spread rumours like these and make others nervous?

We have different beliefs in life. And I think we shouldn't poison other's mind from our own. The end of the world will  happen and we don't know when. Besides, I still have a to-do list that I haven't fulfilled yet.


I'm sorry to say this. USA is the source of civilization, bright ideas, beautiful films. But it's not the source of our DESTINY.

No comments:

Post a Comment