Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cleverbot

So, I tried this Cleverbot.com my classmates are talking about and it's not clever at all!

I was talking to it seriously but it won't  reply a proper answer. But at least, it talks to you with the language you are using. Like when you are speaking in Filipino, it will speak Filipino too. Still, it won't make sense. Maybe because it's not human at all. I researched about it and here's what I got:
"Cleverbot is an AI web application that learns how to mimic human conversations by conversing with humans. It was created by AI veteran Rollo Carpenter who also created a similar web application called Jabberwacky. Cleverbot differs from traditional chatterbots in that the user is not holding a conversation with a bot that directly responds to entered text. Instead, when the user enters text, the algorithm selects previously entered phrases from its database of 20 million conversations. It has been claimed that, "talking to Cleverbot is a little like talking with the collective community of the internet." Cleverbot was featured on The Gadget Show in March 2011." --Wikipedia
But it didn't made any sense to me since I don't quite understand techy things. I don't even care what features the gadget I will buy as long as it's convenient to use. It's not my language at all. Well, if you wanna have someone to talk to if you're bored, try to visit his site: http://www.cleverbot.com/ but don't keep your hopes up that talking with it will make your mood mood. It's like talking to someone without any feeling at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment