The Lost Hero is the first book in Rick Riordan's new series, The Heroes of Olympus. This series is a sequel to Percy Jackson and the Olympians which I have already finished :)
In The Lost Hero, Percy Jackson is missing and Annabeth is looking for him and Hera said that she will find the answer from a guy with one shoe. This guy is Jason Grace, son of Zeus. All throughout book, he had this sort of amnesia and he doesn't remember how he landed in a bus beside his "girlfriend" Piper and his "bestfriend" Leo. Piper is a daughter of Aphrodite while Leo is a son of Hephaestus. They had this quest together to save Hera and at the same time save Piper's father from Enceladus. Gaea is awakening and they have to prevent that.
We all know that there have been a new Great Prophecy who left us hanging in The Last Olympian:
"Seven half0bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath. And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death."
For all they know, this prophecy might take 50 years before it came true but apparently, it is coming to challenge the heroes now, as in TODAY. Anyway, it is revealed in the book that there is a Roman Camp on the other side of America and they have to go there to look for Percy Jackson. Hera exchanged the two so as to reunite the Greek camp and Roman camp because she believe that when the gods and demigods come together, they can prevent Gaea from rising.
Lemme compare Percy Jackson series and The Lost Hero:
- I have to admit it was broader and many characters had been added which made the book even more exciting but somehow, the shifting of perspectives kinda made it confusing.
- Percy Jackson is way funnier than The Lost Hero. Yes, i do laugh at some jokes like the joke about Amelia Earhart but some are just corny and humorless.
- Piper. I dunno why I don't like Piper. I can imagine her as a really beautiful yet simple girl but never comparable to Annabeth. Annabeth has such strong personality while Piper is quite fragile and dependent.
- Percy and Annabeth is sweeter and more 'nakakakilig' than Piper and Leo. The latter pair is quite annoying. Especially Piper.
- Leo is my favorite character. I mean, he did more incredible things than Jason. FYI.
I had these criticisms but I liked the book though not as much as I did with Percy Jackson. But anyway, it's just the first book and I think the coming novels will be good. I'm looking forward to The Son of Neptune :)