Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book Review: Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

When I saw this book in National Bookstore, I never intended to buy it because I've got no idea on what is inside Egyptian Myth. I thought I'll never get a chance to encounter this book but apparently, Aline bought a copy in Power Books when she was in Manila last summer. I was totally shocked since she VERY rarely read books and last time I checked, it was Wayside School Is Falling Down. But she finished the book anyway and it's good news :D


The book was very fun and light to read. I don't have to rack my brain so hard to imagine the faces of the monsters or what's really happening. The literary style was very impressive as well since Rick used the "recording" type of narration. One fascinating thing also is whenever they're going outside America that makes their adventure even challenging.  I especially loved the Duat. wooooooot.

Carter Kane
Carter is most likely good in combat magic and Egyptian history because he's always with his dad (an archaeologist) who travels around the world to search for fossils. I like his character because he builds his own strategy and he's always present to protect the people around him, like Percy :)

Sadie Kane
Sadie, though a rebel and kind-of gothic girl is very witty and brave (unlike Piper in The Heroes of Olympus) She's like the Egyptian version of Annabeth. Pretty cool.

Even if there are some parts similar to Percy Jackson, I'm still awed and amazed with this book. You should start reading it. Book 2: Throne of Fire is already out on bookstores while the third book will be released next year. If you're lucky enough to even find the locker where they've hidden the amulet.. well, you're not lucky at all. haha!

QUOTES:
“Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. Fairness means everyone gets what they need. And the only way to get what you need is to make it happen yourself.” -Julius Kane

“Each morning begins not just a new day but a new world”

And the best quote of all:
“I suppose with so many things suddenly getting better, the things that were still missing hurt even worse.” -Carter Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment