Saturday, March 26, 2011

SUCKER PUNCH.

Thanks to jiggy cruz who tweeted about Sucker Punch, I had the urge to watch it's trailer. I'ts freaking awesome!


What is Sucker Punch? (in case you don't know)
Sucker Punch is a 2011 American action-fantasy film written by Steve Shibuya and Zack Snyder, and directed by Snyder. Sucker Punch features an ensemble female cast[3]comprising Emily BrowningAbbie CornishJena MaloneVanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung. The film follows a young woman in the 1960s about to be lobotomized as she attempts to escape an asylum with her inmate friends.
It's March 25 actually when I watched it's trailer. That's the day when it hits theatres and my brother's birthday. Anyway, I've been dying to watch it since yesterday. But apparently, I've already spent my money on a book. So, I have to wait until the 31st of March or the 1st of April to watch it. I do hope it's still showing.

Why watch it?

Even though I've heard some snide comments and pretty unwise criticism, I've heard more enthusiastic phrases that made me even more excited to catch it on cinemas. Anyway, reasons:
  1. Because Baby Doll is Emily Browning. I saw her in The Uninvited and I think she's a pretty good young actress.
  2. Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish) is very pretty!
  3. I love adventurous movies and they're all girls (i do hope there are no lesbian scenes, that would really suck)
  4. There are five materials they need to find, the four were already given and they have to figure out the fifth... my brain would really work and I love movies that make me think.
  5. Lastly, most movies are book adaptations, it will be a nice segway to watch an original story.
My brother is interested with the movie too. So I guess I already have company. I do hope it will be worth the watch and Sucker Punch must not, well, suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment