Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beastly.

It's really hard to blog these days and I miss it! Well, I want to share this with you. Hahaha. Just so I could update my blogspot and I promise to add more after our exams.




I'm no fan of Vanessa Hudgens that's why I don't watch much of High School Musical. :) But i do love Alex Pettyfer since I first saw him in Wild Child. He also stars that role, John, for I Am Number Four. This movie was based on Alex Flinn's book, Beastly, of the same title:




Beastly is a 2007 novel by Alex Flinn. It is a retelling of the fairytale Beauty and the Beast set in modern-day New York City. Flinn researched many versions of the Beauty and the Beast story to write her book. Many of these are playfully alluded to in portions of the book, particularly the chat room transcripts in which the character of Kyle talks to other teens who have been transformed into creatures.
 I have a feeling that the movie will be a great success. It's always amazing how new authors revive the stories of the old fairytales we have grown accustomed to. It will be shown on July 30 (USA's summer and that's 12 days after my birthday, school time for Philippines).


Don't forget to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment